Effective March 18, 2020
Recorder of Deeds Operations Plan: Corona Virus
As the County of Cole begins to remove some restrictions related to COVID, the Recorder of Deeds Office is continuing to provide outstanding services for citizens. We are a Public Service & Government Office which has not closed while attempting to find ways to lessen exposure to COVID. For needs that cannot be met by phone or our website, and must be done in person, please call 573-634-9115 to make an appointment to visit the office.
PROVIDING SAFE AND EFFECTIVE SERVICES
- Business will be conducted through a glass by-pass window
- All in-person services are available by appointment until further notice
- Online Marriage license Applications are available now on the website (Please note you will need to have the Marriage Date, Location, and Name of Officiant to solemnize marriage), once the application is complete, call the Recorder's Office and make an appointment to obtain your marriage license.
- These Changes are in place until the situation is re-evaluated by the Jefferson City / Cole County Health Department
- Questions? Email: email@example.com
- Missouri 24 hour hotline: 877-435-8411
- Additional Information:
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding through this emergency!
Judy K. Ridgeway
Welcome to the Cole County Recorder's Office
The Recorder of Deeds is an elected official with a four year term.
Judy K. Ridgeway took office January 1, 2019.
The Recorder of Deeds mission is to provide timely, accurate access to data and permanent records which have long-term value for individual citizens, mortgage and real estate industries, title companies, utility companies, surveyors, other corporate entities, local and state governments, legal offices and also for historical purposes.
Records in this office provide data about real estate transactions in a historical perspective. Deeds, deeds of trust, releases, easements, surveys, plats, restrictions, cemetery deeds, wills, right of ways, articles of incorporation, patents, affidavits and marriage license information make up an example of the documents.