A recording certificate is placed in the top 3" margin of the first page of the document when it is recorded. If a document does not meet recording standards, it will be recorded "NON-STANDARD" and there will be an additional $25.00 nonstandard penalty added to the normal recording fees. (RSMo 59.310)
Standardization Requirements for Recording Documents
Notice of Intent to File Mechanic's And Materialmen's Liens (RSMo 429.110)
- The original document is recorded in the Circuit Clerk's Office at 301 E. High Street, Room 208.
Notice of Home Schooling Documents (RSMo 167.042)
No legal description is required for recording. The notice of home schooling in standard format must contain:
- Name and Age of each Child to be home schooled.
- Address and Telephone number of the home school.
- Name of each person teaching.
- Name, Address, and Signature of the person making the declaration.
Underground Facilities (RSMo 319.023)
- Effective August 28, 2001, changes in the law require owners & operators of underground facilities located in first or second class counties to become participants in the notification center prior to January 1, 2003.
- For further information you may call 800-DIG-RITE (800-344-7483), or visit their website.