Real estate and personal property tax bills have been mailed to property owners and residents of Cole County. In order to keep both taxpayers and staff safe due to Covid 19 the Collector’s Office wants to be sure you are aware of all of your payment options.
- Pay in person at the Collector’s Office 311 E High St. We accept cash, Master Card, Discover and Visa, cashier’s checks and money orders. We will try to limit the lobby to 15 people at one time. We ask that you please wear a facemask and practice social distancing.
- Drop your payment in the drop box located on the front of the Collector’s Office at 311 E High St. Payments go into a secure vault and are processed the following day.
- Mail your payments to 311 E High St, Jefferson City, MO 65101. Mailed payments are processed the day after they are received.
- Pay online at http://colemo.devnetwedge.com/ you will need your six digit account number for personal property or sixteen to nineteen digit parcel number for real estate. You can also search by name or address but please use only one-search criteria.
- You can pay by phone on our toll free number (855) 568-0066.
Online and phone payment’s do carry a service charge of 2.25% on credit cards and $1.75 for echecks. Please allow ten (10) days for echeck processing. Both real estate and personal property payments can be included in one check.
If you do not receive your tax bill by November 26th, please contact the Collector’s office as promptly as possible. The failure of the taxpayer to receive the notice provided for in section 52.230, RSMo in no case relieves the taxpayer of any tax liability imposed by law. Tax payments must be received or postmarked by December 31st, 2020. Payments received or postmarked after that date will have penalty and interest fees added to them. If you have any questions please contact the Collector’s office at (573) 634-9124
Personal property tax bills also include 2021 assessment forms. Assessment forms should be completed after January 1st and must be returned to the Assessor’s office by March 1st, 2021. Changes of address or vehicles should be reported on your 2021 assessment form. The form should include all personal property that you own on January 1st, 2021. If you did not receive your assessment form, please contact the Assessor’s office at (573) 634-9131.