Welcome to the Cole County CARES Act Phase 2 Online Application!
The information below explains how Cole County’s allocation of Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act may be used in accordance with the law. The funds provided to potential recipients are available under section 601(d) of the Social Security Act, as added by section 5001 of the CARES Act.
The Phase 2 Application is open September 8, 2020 through September 30, 2020 for these categories:
- Educational Institutions (K- 12) can apply; funding will not exceed their initial phase 1 allocation
- Hospitals, Medical Centers, Nursing Homes (category allocation - $.5M)
- Cities (category allocation - $1M; funding limits based on census population)
- Non-profits, including non-profit higher education (category allocation - $.3M)
- Non-profit funding is limited to $25,000 per entity
- For-profit, including small businesses and for-profit higher education (category allocation - $.2M)
- Limited to $5,000 per entity and only for those that have not received other COVID-19 funding
- Applications related to loss of revenue or unemployment are not being accepted at this time
- Funds will only be distributed through reimbursements
As of 9/8/2020, only Online Applications will be accepted. The process is as follows:
Applicants should follow this link to apply: https://colecountycares.force.com/s/2020crfapp.
- Complete the application (it takes approximately 20 – 30 minutes)
- The Application is saved once you click “Submit” at the end
- Important: Have your information ready as you will need to complete your application in one sitting
- Applicants will provide signed certifications & detailed documentation, including receipts (pictures or unaltered copies will suffice) for review by Cole County staff and advisors
- Upon submission, you will receive a validation e-mail – please click on the validation link
- Applicants who have not received other COVID-19 related funding will receive a higher score
- Applicants can apply multiple times; first-time applicants will receive a higher score
- Recommended applications are presented to the Cole County Commission for approval
- You will be notified by 9/30/20 if your reimbursement application has been approved or denied
- If approved, you will receive an “Invitation Login e-mail”. This Login will allow you to approve and submit additional documents in compliance with CARES Act requirements
All CRF funding is contingent upon availability of funds. Applicants that seek reimbursements are subject to monitoring and will be asked to certify that funds will only be used in accordance with the following:
1. Are necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
2. Are not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020. A cost meets this requirement if:
a) the cost cannot lawfully be funded using a line item, allotment, or allocation within that budget
b) the cost is for a substantially different use from any expected use of funds in such a line item, allotment, or allocation
3. Were incurred during the period from March 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
Additional instructions and frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) will be posted routinely
Questions about the application process should be addressed by email to CARESAct@colecounty.org
We thank you for partnering with Cole County to ensure the health and safety of our communities!